22, 2006 |
|Woops! The new feature listed
on June 24 was not implemented correctly. Basically only Admins of
the site got to see the cool new feature. Everyone else probably got
some weird results. I've fixed it so now everyone should be able to
view the price history.|
24, 2006 |
|I've noticed Amazon alters the
price of their items quite frequently so I added a new feature that
lets you track these changes. The format of the price of an item will
look like if Amazon has
changed its price since it was added to the list. You can click on
the price and a window will open displaying the historical prices
Amazon has charged for that item.|
02, 2006 |
| You will now see a link
labeled [del] next to each item and category on
your list. This link allows you to delete the item or category
directly from your lists homepage. |
09, 2005 |
| You will see the following at
the top of your list |
| Click the
link to the left to add a comment to the top of your list for others
to see |
You might use this to make a
general comment about the items on your list such as, "The items
listed on this page are only suggestions, I would be happy with any
present I receive". Once added, you will be able to edit and/or
delete the comment.
08, 2005 |
| Added a help page to the
WishList Site. There is now a link labeled Help in the upper right hand corner of each page.
The help page contains answers to frequently asked questions
regarding the WishList Site. |
|December 15, 2004 |
when you add a new item to a category you will see a button called
Perform Amazon Lookup next to the input box for Link
1. If you want to add an item from amazon, all you have to do is
copy and paste the amazon url for the item into Link 1 URL and
then click Perform Amazon Lookup. The WishList Site will then
automatically fill in the Title, Description, and
Price for you. |
Even easier, if you placed the Add to
Wishlist Button link to your bookmarks then you can simply click
on that while you are visiting the item you want at amazon and the
WishList Site will fill everything in for you.
|November 30, 2004 |
There is now a button labeled "Send Update Notification" located in
the left hand menu of the "Modify WishList" portion of the site.
Clicking on the button will open a new window where you can compose
and send an email to every person who can view your list. The emails
that are sent will appear to have originated directly from your email
|November 7, 2004 |
a new category call "Items Under Consideration". Items you place in
this category will not be visible to the people who can view your list
so you can use it to store items you are considering for inclusion. If
you decide you do want an item in this category to be visible to
everyone else, simply move it to another category (i.e. click  for the item you want to move and then select
the desired category in the drop down box) |
|August 18, 2004
You can now compose and send email to other WishList users directly from the WishList Site.
To use this new feature, rollover someone's name on the homepage and then click E-mail.
|August 16, 2004
The waving santa graphic is gone (at least until xmas). The image in the upper left hand corner of the home page will now change with the seasons. Eventually the Season Greetings graphics will change as well.
|August 14, 2004
- You will no longer see [Undo] next to an item when you check it off a list. The algorithm I was using did not work in certain situations and had to be changed. I may reintroduce this feature in the future.
Note: you can still view (and delete) your purchases by clicking on a list's purchase log.
- Your name will now appear on the homepage along with the other people's lists you can view.
If you click on your name you will be asked to confirm that you really want to view your own list.
This feature could be helpful if you want to know who bought what on your list. If you don't want to see you name on the homepage, goto Manage List Access and remove your name.
Note: you will not be able to see comments people have left on your list.
|August 13, 2004
- You will now be alerted if new comments have been added to a list since the last time you viewed it
- Can now assign people read only access to your list
|August 12, 2004
- Can now star items you really want. There is an additional checkbox on the Add New Item and Edit Item pages.
- Can now add someone to view your list if you know their userid or their email address.
- Can view someone elses list if you know their userid (before it was just their email)
|August 11, 2004
|Created seperate page for managing list access (click Manage List Access under Update Account) with the following functionality:
- Can now selectively choose who can view your contact information such as address and phone.
- Changed method for gaining access to other people's lists. You can choose to view someone elses list if you know their email address.
- Can now choose to stop viewing someone elses list.
|August 10, 2004
- Items can now be moved to different categories. This can be helpful if you accidently insert an item into the wrong category. Click  for the item you want to move and then select the desired category in the drop down box.
- New users can sign up for accounts
|August 08, 2004
|Additional information can now be added to categories (will be displayed under the category heading)
|August 04, 2004
|Finished PHP site. New features will be added on a periodic basis. Check here for updates.